Sunday, November 14, 2010

BP9_Web2.0: GoAnimate



The new Web 2.0 tool that I want to integrate into my environment is GoAnimate.com.  I found the website to serve a meaningful purpose in education, and I also believe it can engage a wide demographic reach.  The fact is, what I’ve learned is children love cartoons as well as adults.  It’s a medium that has stimulated our media literacy throughout our lives.  We appreciate a great cartoon no matter what generation or theme.   This Web 2.0 tool gives educators and students equal free access to develop cartoons about different topics.  A great feature is the flexibility of the animations and its preset templates.   My observations in my classroom inform me that my kiddos love cartoons similar to the Simpson's and Family Guy; I feel these cartoons are a little extreme in reality, but I can harness the power of cartoon development through GoAnimate to replicate such environments, but with the goal of using powerful learning content.  In addition, the students can harness the same power for other class projects providing a fresh tool to bring an engaging perspective.  The usability of this Web 2.0 tool is very user-friendly as the navigation is simplified with great spacing and readily identifiable areas.  You can formulate settings and themes, and introduce several new characters with its new character settings wizard.  The main goal I want implemented on a consistent basis is the access to several tools for use and exhibit versatility in conveying information.  Just like students want variety as learners,  we want to match that need with nuggets of resources. Go Animate continues the goal and I am very excited to use GoAnimate as a great change-up in classroom presentations. 

No comments:

Post a Comment