Sunday, November 21, 2010

PE8_Google Docs difficulties


You know I have been implementing Google Docs in my real world environment with my Kiddos, but they don’t seem to want to explore this avenue and have at it.  The person that seems to have a problem using this program is I.  I have been using Microsoft Office religiously from the start; in fact I teach a BCIS class that entails the use of Microsoft Office 2007, so it is very difficult to integrate it or its use in that class.  Furthermore, I feel that Google Docs has great capabilities, but the formatting is not as user friendly to me.  The collaborative environment is the only beneficial thing I see from it.  Why should I do my work on Google Docs when I’m comfortable with Office 07?

The two classes that love Google Docs is the Web Design sections.  I think this particular group has the curiosity to continue or explore html and all Web 2.0 tools.  This group learns at that capacity.  I do have a wide range of economical classes within my students, and I can see it being of use for the lower-middle classification of students.  I think that Google Docs provides a fantastic free service, in addition provides the versatility to do many things; but again, how do I model the use of Google Docs.  The one thing I can emphasize as I expand the introduction and use of Google Docs is the collaborative features and the storage features.  I do believe in “nobody is smarter than everyone,” so I have to pitch this collaborative opportunity faithfully.  How do I get the adults to use this religiously, because the benefits are there? 

No comments:

Post a Comment